We test your entire AV systems and make sure everything is working properly
No system ever works perfectly the first time it is implemented. Testing and troubleshooting are a necessary part of the process to iron out installation issues or debug programming. Typically different members of the project team are responsible for addressing specific issues that are identified, but is someone available for the overall performance? This is where Control Concepts comes in.
The frustration of inconsistent operation or poor performance can be avoided if the issues are identified during the implementation of the system rather than after the system is deemed “ready for use.” Far too often improper system testing and the last of an effective punchlist causes projects to be ineffective because the exceed deadlines, overrun budgets, and do not function properly.
Technology managers, consultants, and integrators should consider the value of hiring a third party to commission their systems to identify open items and ensure performance standards are met.
Technology managers, consultants, and integrators should consider the value of hiring a third party to commission their systems to identify open items and ensure performance standards are met
What is system commissioning?
System commissioning entails the following scope of services.
- Test the entire AV system point-to-point to verify signal flow and manual operation
- Verify or make adjustments to audio and video signal levels, so that they meet specification
- Inspect installation to confirm all terminations are properly made
- Test control system operation to ensure each button operates properly and the system functions effectively in different modes of operation
- Document open items and create an accurate punchlist that can be assigned to the specific parties responsible
- Markup installation drawings so that accurate as-built drawings can be created once the system has been completed
All the efforts in the world to plan, design, define, prepare, and train users on your AV technology really don’t matter if your system is not fully tested, debugged, and documented.
Our team is well-versed in system commissioning and can help you with all of your AV needs. Contact us today to find out more about how we can work with you to implement solutions that meet your needs.